Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Web Resources: Godaddy.com

Having a website is a great resource for any new or existing business. It offers a bit of legitimacy to your business, and can also serve as a way to spur customer traffic. Likewise, when you are able to use an email address associated with your domain, it moves you a step up in credibility from the free email services such as hotmail or google. But, where do you start?

About a year ago, I was watching TV and saw an ad for GoDaddy.com. Although I didn't necessarily care for their name, I was impressed when I heard that they were the world's largest domain registar. (It is true - according to their website, they manage over 27.1 million domain names!) As my husband and I had been contemplating hiring out the building of a webpage for the real estate business he had started, I decided to give it a try myself and save us a few bucks. For less than $60, I was able to purchase our domain name, have email addresses related to the domain and use their program to build and host our website for the next 12 months. (what a deal, huh?) Since then, I have built two other websites for family related businesses. In addition to their affordability, another benefit of GoDaddy.com is their customer service. Their support is available 24/7 and whenever I have used it (which has been a few times), they have been great. One of the negatives is that although their web software is easy to use, there is a learning curve associated with it and you do need to work within their templates (although they have quite a variety). If anyone out there has used GoDaddy.com or a different web hosting/building site, I welcome your comments.

No comments: